Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy Ten Month Birthday, Lil Man!

Lil Man turns ten months old today. Ever so quickly he is marching toward his first birthday. In the past week, he has begun walking and talking. His first word was DADA, much to the dismay of our daughter. And crawling will soon be a distant memory.

There are not many of Man's milestones that Grammy has missed with her camera. Camera memory cards are filled with precious photographs. And Grammy's "internal memory card of her heart" has preserved the sights, sounds and emotions of ten months spent with her first grandchild.

Sometimes I cry when I just reflect on the past year I have been blessed to live to be able to share in his life. I weep because of the joy he brings to me and the internal fight to live that he inspires.

I laugh during the nighttime hours when I awake and envision him making the "Larry the Lizard" or "Pee-Pie" face. My heart warms when he gives me a kiss when I ask for one. My pain takes a backseat to the life he breathes into me.

Thanks, Lil Man for sharing so much with your Grammy.

1 comment:

justme said...

Wow! Ten months already?! Hard to believe. They always seem to say DADA first, don't they. Hardly seems fair. Ha!

I'm glad you've been able to witness so many of his milestones these past ten months. I always love seeing the pictures you take of him.