Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mr Binkerton and Gram Gram

Certain nicknames and jingles have emerged in the life of Mr. Binkerton and Gram Gram (aka my grandson and me). We sing silliness and dance together. At ten months, he recognizes me and reaches for me. We are soul mates!

Last night, he and Grampy came to pick me up at the Cancer Center. When I walked out and opened the rear door to our car, he grinned from ear to ear. I knew he had missed me while I received treatment yesterday. You notice, I say I opened the REAR door to our car - that is my new favorite seat - in the backseat with Lil Man!

Once I slid in beside him, he began jabbering nonstop. My husband I laughed because it was if he was recounting his entire day's adventures to me. He laughed and grinned with his two teeth smile at me. My heart was so warmed and any feelings of malaise that I had were forced to the back of my mind and pain center. He kept waving BYE BYE to me - I think he knew it was almost time to go home with Mama.

Gram Gram loves her Mr. Binkerton. He puts a sparkle in my eye. He evokes hope in my heart. He is a precious gift from God. (And I hope he will forgive me when he is 14 and everyone still refers to him as Mr. Binkerton!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I BELIEVE SISTER!

Tina