Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Update & Request for Prayer: July 28, 2009

I have completed six weeks of half-dose Rituxan, with two weeks remaining. I will receive treatment all day tomorrow and all day Thursday, completing Week Seven.

I saw my family physician today and my spleen had shrunk by more than five finger widths - more than the width of her hand she stated. I have been able to lay on my left side the past few nights, which is so welcome. My liver edge has basically disappeared as well.

My Absolute Lymphocyte Count was 23,328 (down from 30,362 just five days earlier). My total White Blood Count was 24,300 - normal is 5,000-10,000 - and I started with a WBC of over 160,000. Remember that B-lymphocytes are what are cancerous.

My Absolute Neutrophil Count was the lowest it has been since beginning Rituxan (despite Neupogen twice weekly) at 972. Since I am neutropenic, I will receive two more Neupogen injections this week. My platelets are holding in the 140,000 range and hemoglobin in the 10.5-11 range most of the time.

My Uric Acid level had elevated quite alot this week, so please continue to pray that I will not develop Tumor Lysis Syndrome.

Most impressive, I have made it through six weeks of treatment without infection, reaction or complication. I have not achieved this with any treatment I have taken in almost 13 years. I know God is listening to our prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just sent the update. Stacie it is so awesome what God has done! One of my favorite little prayers is "Thank you Lord for all you have done and all you are about to do". So, we await this week for what He is about to do with great expectation.

Love ya,

Tina