Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Prayer for Today: July 26, 2009

Father in Heaven,

"Hear my cry, O God;
Attend to my prayer.
From the end of the earth I will cry to You,
When my heart is overwhelmed;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

For You have been a shelter for me,
A strong tower from the enemy.
I will abide in Your tabernacle forever;
I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah

For You, O God, have heard my vows;
You have given me the heritage of those who fear Your name.
You will prolong the king’s life,
His years as many generations.
He shall abide before God forever.
Oh, prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him!

So I will sing praise to Your name forever,
That I may daily perform my vows." (Psalm 61)

So that we may “daily perform our vows” – keep us true to Your Word, Lord. Daily help us to reevaluate our lives, our speech, and our thoughts, so that we may be pleasing to You.

Our hearts are overwhelmed for those among of us who are hurting and struggling. So, we cry out to You, Heavenly Father, on their behalf. For those contemplating treatment, entering into treatment or being treating, be our Constant Companion. Grant the spirit of joy and encouragement for all who are struggling to find daily happiness in the midst of difficult trials. We ask that You intervene in our nation. Bring Godly men and women to the forefront to lead our states and our nation. We ask that our country will remain faithful to Israel and the decisions affecting health care will be positive and none of us will be harmed by lawmakers making decisions on topics without being fully informed. Grant divine protection for the men and women defending our nation.

We are continually amazed at Your goodness. Thank You for never forsaking us. The tunnel ahead of each of us may be very, very dark. Yet, through that darkness, Your light beckons for each of us to follow It. May scales fall off of our eyes, so that our spiritual eyes may see what You might have for us to see and do. And may we always be obedient.

In Jesus’ Most Wonderful Name, I pray. AMEN AND AMEN.

No comments: