Thursday, July 2, 2009

Update & Request for Prayer: July 2, 2009

My Dad dropped me off at the infusion center at 8:15 AM. I had managed to keep the IV line in my wrist through the night, so a waiting vein was prepared for the treatment this morning. It was nice not to be stuck today. All went well with the treatment and I just completed it. I am now receiving the IV hydration and will receive another Neupogen injection later today.

My family physician ordered a Beta-2 microglobulin level on Tuesday. This can be an indicator of tumor burden. It had declined from 3.0 to 2.0. I was rather pleased with that improvement.

My hemoglobin and platelets, although in the low ranges, remain consistent today. My total WBC is elevated today, which is a bit frustrating. Then I calculated the absolute count for lymphocytes (the white cells that are the cancerous line) and they have continued to decline, albeit slowly. My Absolute Lymphocyte Count was 166,122 prior to treatment and it is 84738 today. That is almost a 50 percent reduction.

The uric acid level remains elevated at 6.4 today, so I am thankful I am receiving this IV hydration before the holiday weekend. My liver enzymes, kidney function tests and other indicators for Tumor Lysis Syndrome (which we are attempting to avert) all look very good.

No comments: