Sunday, May 10, 2009

What the Mothers I Love Most Have Taught Me

My own Mom has modeled selflessness and dedication to her children. She has always put the needs of her children ahead of her own needs. Mom taught me to treasure our daughters. She has always worked tirelessly. Mom taught me to celebrate birthdays and holidays with bravo and much ado. She has remained strong and unfailing with her support and assistance throughout my illness. She is resolute to remind me to keep fighting and not to entertain negative thoughts and speech.

Our daughter (aka Lil Man's Mother) has taught me that she must have been watching and listening to me as I raised her. She exemplifies the same love, dedication and watchfulness over Lil Man that I demonstrated to her as I cared for her and her two sisters. She laughs and has fun with Lil Man and reminds me to embrace and enjoy life. She has shown me how difficulties in life can evolve into life's most amazing blessings.

My Grandma has offered insights from her own life to me through the years. She lived through the depression and taught me to be thrifty and wise with money. She values family and traditions. She and my Grandpa traveled extensively and she taught me that the memories from those travels and life experiences are all that one has when a loved one dies. My longing to see and experience the world trickled down from this trait of Grandma's.

I love each of you. Thank you for modeling mothering and other traits to me.

No comments: