Friday, May 8, 2009

An Update: May 8, 2009

Praises to report! The bone scan I had performed on Tuesday returned with normal results. Thank You, Lord. There was concern since my sinus CT scan had shown the bones of my sinus cavity thinning, that the long-term steroid use was thinning my bones. My spine and major bones showed no bone loss, for which I am most grateful.

My WBC (white blood count) increased by nearly 50,000 in one week. This is concerning because the cancerous lymphocyte line compiled over 40,000 of that increase.

I began antibiotics yesterday due to a skin infection and a suspected lung infection. Oh, how I need God to restore my immune system. Please pray specifically for my immune function.

Trip preparations are nearing completion and we will leave on Tuesday for the National Cancer Institute outside of Washington, DC. If you want to take a look at where I am going, access the NIH website at: http://www.nih.gov/ or the NCI website at: http://www.cancer.gov/.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dear friend Tina sent me this e-mail. I wanted to post it on my Blog as a continuous reminder to me of how God can work on my immune system.

"I do hope that your immune system will be restored. It will be like your sword and shield, defeating every enemy and defending you from every attack! In Jesus" name!"