Friday, May 15, 2009

National Institutes of Health (NIH) Photos


This is a scale model of the NIH - it is not a quality photo but it will give you the best overall vantage point of the NIH. You can see the beams of the building in the glass encasement.


Main Lobby NIH Building Ten.


Photo of new construction at NIH. This building was nothing but steel beams the last time I was there.


The mission of the NIH.



Front entrance Building Ten.

FACTS: There are 27 Institutes at the NIH - each one addressing a different disease or area of medicine and research. There are over 18,000 employees and the last budget was around $29 million dollars for the year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you very, very much and I'm sorry for all you have to go thru and deal with. I'm so proud of you for being so strong. I can't imagine but somehow you stay so positive and keep smiling. Lil Man is proud of you, too. I know if anyone can prove all those doctors wrong, it's you! Maybe you just needed all of these reports on record so that when your miracle comes along you'll have proof for everyone of what a miracle it actually is! :) Thanks for never giving up. I love you so much.
-Your youngest daughter