Wednesday, May 13, 2009

NIH Journey Day 2: May 13, 2009

The White House.
The World War (WW I) Monument located in a beautiful garden setting.

Korean War monument. These stone soldier replicas were numerous and lifelike.

World War II Monument. This has been constructed since our last visit to DC.

We have arrived! It was a long day of travel and then we drifted into a moment of insanity and decided to drive onto DC. Traffic is indescribable and we went 10 blocks in 1 hour at one point. God was gracious and we had no difficulties on the trip -- no accidents, tickets, road construction, or wrong turns!

Tomorrow will be an early, long day. We have to catch the shuttle to the NIH at 7 AM. Tomorrow will be another long day. In the morning I will have blood draws, a CT Scan, EKG, physical, and some other testing. In the afternoon, I first meet with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Team and then I will meet with the Transplant Team.

I had to walk several miles with my hemoglobin of 9 to capture these photos for my faithful Blog Buddies. Enjoy.

No comments: