Friday, July 25, 2008

To My Dad

Thanks for driving your old black truck so that I could always have
new school clothes and everything I needed each year…..

Thanks for polishing your worn work shoes so that I could have
new athletic shoes when I needed them…..

Thanks for taking the time to go outside to practice softball with
me after working hard all day at your job…..

Thanks for making a point to be home to eat dinner with us while I
grew up…..

Thanks for making all of the long drives to see us when we lived out of state…...

Thanks for making me laugh with hidden Easter eggs in my hospital room and
that magical way you always “popped” your neck…..

Thanks for being self-less with your time you spend with me in the hospital
(and for going to the Olive Garden for soup to keep me safe from eating too much hospital food!)….

Thanks for showing me the importance of honesty, hard work, and
human decency…..

Thanks for loving my Mom and staying married to her for over 40 years so
that my family was always secure and whole.

Thanks for your hard work through the years to provide for our
family. Enjoy your retirement — you deserve it!

Most of all, thanks for being my Dad. I am privileged to be your daughter.

No comments: