Monday, July 21, 2008

A Prayer for Today

My precious Father,

Where would we be without You? I look to the Heavens and I know You are watching over us, closely. Thank you for caring for each of us. Thank you for knowing each of us more intimately than the most detailed medical scan. I praise you, Lord, for meeting each of our needs – whether the need be physical, financial, spiritual, emotional, or relational.

Forgive us Lord, for when we fail. Help each of us to walk more closely to You than ever before in our lives. Encourage us daily to seek You and to search Your Word so that we will be instructed in Your ways for each of our lives. Holy Spirit, prompt our hearts, when we begin to travel a path not appointed for our individual lives. You are the best GPS system any of us can have, Lord ……. Prompting, directing, guiding, and turning us around when we do make those wrong turns or choices in life.

For those of us battling leukemia, today I pray the prayer of deliverance that David prayed in 2 Samuel 22:

“The Lord is my Rock and my Fortress and my Deliverer; The God of my strength, in whom I will trust……my stronghold and my refuge…….I will call upon the Lord who is worthy to be praised; So shall I be saved from my enemies. When the waves of death surrounded me…..the snare of death confronted me, in my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple and my cry entered His ears.”

Heal our bodies, Lord. Give added years to us as you did Hezekiah. Impart Your wisdom into our minds as we make critical medical decisions for ourselves or for our loved ones. Restore bone marrow, blood, lymph nodes, spleens and every other cell to normalcy. To You we will give all the praise and glory and honor.

Thank you, Lord, for allowing us the privilege to approach your throne boldly today with our praises and our petitions. In Jesus’ Wonderful Name I pray. Amen.

No comments: