Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Battle is The Lord's

In a dream, the Lord showed me that my battle against leukemia was no more difficult than the battle that David, the shepherd boy, fought and won against the giant Goliath. I wrote this in 1999. Truly, He has allowed me to emerge victorious over many battles against this giant called leukemia.

Leukemia appears big, frightening, dangerous, and terrifying. In contrast, at this time, I appear weak and small. Leukemia taunts and teases me. It tests and challenges to take my life. Leukemia has no right to threaten me because that defies the promises for healing from the Living God. Leukemia knows that I will fight and WHEN I win, I will overcome and the leukemia will flee.

I will not lose heart on account of this disease. Your servant will go and fight it. Thus, the leukemia will detest me. The world and the reports tell me I will not be able to go against leukemia and fight because I am only human. But the world and man don't realize that the Lord will deliver me from the hand of leukemia. I will come against the disease in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel. The Lord will give me reign over the disease and will strike it down. Then the whole world will know that there is a God. The battle is the Lord's and He will give me victory.

No comments: