Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Death is Nothing at All

A friend shared this with me. Truths run deep throughout this writing. This aptly details how I hope that my family will continue living when I pass onto my Heavenly residence. I hope that the reality that we are only separated for a short while until we are reunited for eternity will resound in their hearts and spirits.

I am sorry that I do not know who the author is but I do not accept credit for its authorship.

Death is nothing at all, I have just slipped away into the next room called Heaven. I am I and you are you. Whatever we were to each other, that we are still. Call me by my old familiar name; speak to me in the easy way you always used to. Put no difference into your tone, wear no forced air of sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Play, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be the household word that it always was. Let it be spoken without effect, without the ghost of a shadow on it. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same that is ever was, there is absolutely no unbroken continuity. Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am waiting for you for an interval in Heaven, somewhere very near, just around the corner. All is well.

1 comment:

justme said...

I've heard something very similar to this and both are good. We are separated, really, in comparison to eternity, for only a moment.