Sunday, September 19, 2010

Update & Request for Prayer: September 19, 2010

We just returned from the hospital, finishing my 10th day of IV's. On Friday we learned my calcium and potassium levels were low so I am taking prescription potassium and labs will be drawn again tomorrow. My creatinine level is elevated so my kidneys must be revolting over excreting so many medications.

Tomorrow I will receive my usual IVIG treatment for about 8 hours then they will premedicate me again and I will receive the IV antifungal, so it will be a long day.

My cough continues so as of today it appears that the IVs won't end on Friday as was the original plan. I hope we will learn something from the fungal IDs and sensitivities this week.

I know I am really run down because despite daily IV steroids, I do not have the false energy the IV steroids always provide for me. I am moving like a slug and you know how slow slugs move!

My mind and spirit keep repeating: "This is only temporary. This is only temporary!"

And to my family and friends: Thanks for your prayers, dinner delivery, cards, and transportation to all of these appointments.

No comments: