Friday, September 10, 2010

Update & Request for Prayer: September 10, 2010

I am at the Cancer Center and I am being desensitized to the IV antifungal, Micafungin. So far so good with that process. Fever and cough are still present. Hemoglobin declined further to 9 today. We are awaiting the differential - my oncologist wants to keep my ANC (Absolute Neutrophil Count) over 2000 while I fight this infection, so I anticipate requiring a Neupogen injection today.

Given that I have a pulmonary fungal infection which can be very serious when immune compromised, we have decided to go ahead and order the milk and it will be overnighted to me and it should arrive in the morning. Insurance approval process is still underway. My Mom called last night and said that she and Dad wanted to purchase a week's supply for me as I await insurance approval for the milk. One wouldn't think at age 46, your Mom and Dad would still be trying to obtain milk for you! :-) Goo Goo Ga Ga I am reverting to my infancy! :-)

After haggling with the hospital (since I have to receive weekend treatments there), they agreed to my coming at 6 PM tomorrow evening so I won't miss Lil Man's birthday party. Priorities, you know?

Fortunately, God's hand guided the hands of my nurse today and she hit a vein on the FIRST try and it is in a location that we can try to leave it in place for the two weekend treatments! That is a BIG praise. Just say NO to PICC lines!

Thanks for your continued prayers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stacy,
Just wanted to encourage you this evening. I thank God for every remembrance of you. Love to you, Pastor Aaron