Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Home Away from Home

Granted, I should not post a picture on my blog that is this unflattering. But hey, if you had traveled over 200 miles in one day, had a PICC line inserted and was on the last of two IV's, you might not look much better than I did in this photo taken yesterday!

However, this photo represents a large part of my life - sitting in my chemo chair at the cancer center with IV medications and cancer drugs infusing into my veins. Fighting infectious and cancerous foes - unseen yet formidable - all from the comfort of a recliner!

Yesterday, my oldest daughter stopped by to visit. She snapped this photograph with her cell phone (not the clearest of photos). If you look closely on the wall behind me, the framed photo is the same photo that graces the top of my blog. This was one of four of my photos that was chosen to be enlarged and framed for the new cancer center. Most days, I stay in this, "The Stacie Room".

1 comment:

Kay - NH said...

Awesome picture, Stacie -- you look so "at home"! I think it's great to post pics once in awhile to give folks who have NO IDEA what it's like in that chair a small glimpse into your daily life. God bless and keep you. My prayers are with you and your family. I've had a PICC line...Lil man is so right...will pray for no infection, too! Keep on keepin' on! God Bless, Kay