Monday, September 13, 2010

Update & Request for Prayer: September 13, 2010

Day IV of the IV treatment is over! My fevers are trending downward, so that is a positive indicator that the infection is responding. Also, my platelets and hemoglobin are trending upward, another positive sign and indicator that the infection is being walloped with the plethora of antimicrobials I am taking.

After three days of Neupogen injections, my ANC (Absolute Neutrophil Count) has improved and I did not require a shot today! The Mighty Milk II Experiment began today and I drank my first dose of milk (disguised in pomegranate and blueberry juice). We will recheck my T-Cells and Natural Killer Cells (both cells of the immune system) in a month to see if any improvement has resulted from the experiment.

Please pray that we can locate a vein for the IV tomorrow.

I look forward to the day when I can report that I am infection free! Keep praying and believing.

No comments: