Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Exhausted: A BRIEF update

I sensed the prayers of many today. I was overflowing with God's peace, courage, and no fear as the first drop of the IV that had induced the anaphylactic reaction yesterday, flowed into my veins. Everything went flawlessly and I tolerated the re~desensitization today.

Tomorrow, I will receive the first full dose since Tuesday's reaction. Please pray for me at 2 PM ET. Labs will be drawn tomorrow to check how my kidneys and liver are functioning with all of these medicines to cycle through my system and to see if I need additional Neupogen shots.

Although I sometimes feel like a captive to leukemia, trapped in this body that requires unending medicines, treatments and procedures. Then I look UP and am gloriously reminded that just as leukemia has taken up temporary occupancy in my body that the Holy Spirit resides permanently inside me. No difficult day will ever separate us from the love of Christ. Thank You, Lord.

No comments: