Sunday, September 12, 2010

An Update & Request for Prayer: September 12, 2010

I finished Day 3 of the IV treatments at the hospital. Tomorrow through Friday I will return to the Cancer Center. Last night when I returned home, we realized that my feet and ankles had swollen to nearly double in size. I didn't feel well and dozed off. I awoke around midnight and realized we had forgotten my Neupogen injection. Kevin administered that and within a couple of hours, Neupogen's infamous side effect of deep bone pain kicked in. It was a short night and I had to be back at the hospital at 11:30 this morning.

My doctor said today that I am taking twice the IV dose that I received in June of this drug. Edema ~ swelling~ can be caused by this medication so that might explain my feet and ankles. Kevin is getting ready to give me another shot tonight. I will have labs tomorrow so I am eager to see how they are holding.

Thank you for your faithfulness in prayer for my family and me.

No comments: