Wednesday, September 17, 2008

When A Child Is Born, So Is a Grandma!

My grandmothering duties continued today. Lil Man and his Mommy spent the day at our home. What joy! What excitement! What energy these little people require! Even more exciting about this visit was that Mommy was very exhausted from Lil Man's sleepless nights (that's not the exciting part) which meant she had to sleep today and Grandma got to be Grandma!

And how would one define that statement? Well, it all began with changing my first TWO dirty diapers. You know you are a Grammy when even changing diapers is a thrill and becomes a topic for the Blog. Lil Man and I rocked and talked (I talked - he listened). And we tried to take numerous self portraits with the camera but just couldn't get us quite lined up so we have several photos of Lil Man's forehead and his mouth and the side of his head. We will have to practice that technique.

Lil Man's Great Grandma was able to come visit and hold him for awhile. He is so blessed to have so much loving and supportive family to surround him. Grampy was a bit jealous that he was missing out on the action. If he wasn't so young, I think he would be opting for early retirement so that we could both spend time with Lil Man!

Tomorrow, Lil Man's Mommy has an appointment, so guess who has been recruited into action for tomorrow? That would be his Grammy. I have two doctors' appointment in the morning and then will have the joy of spending time with Lil Man again. Despite the pain, cancer, fatigue, and bad reports, how can I do anything but fight with all my might so that Lil Man will know me for a long, long time?

No comments: