Saturday, September 13, 2008

Solo Babysitting

This evening I was blessed to babysit Lil Man for the first time, all by myself. Our daughter needed to grocery shop, so I sat in the car at Wal-Mart and babysat my first grandchild. Oh what a delight!

He was peaceful and slept most of the time. He would open his tiny, dark brown eyes and peek at his Grammy every so often. I sang to him (and he didn't complain like others do)! I prayed for him. I tried to teach him to sing "Jesus Loves Me" but he wasn't picking up on that quite yet. I told him how I would always defend him and would protect him in a big, mean world. We had a delightful hour and ten minutes together.

I marveled at his perfect tiny toes and fingers. And admired his gorgeous button nose and tiny lips. I held him tight and kissed his tiny head. I thanked God for the life He had given to me so that I could embrace moments like this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an exciting time!! Babies are just so precious! I can't wait till I get to be a grandmother.