Monday, September 22, 2008

Drumroll Please......

Can you hear the roll of the percussionists as I make this announcement?

I completed the IVIG without complications today. I am feeling poorly tonight with nausea, headache, and light sensitivity. These are not unusual side effects from infusing thousands of people's immunoglobulins into my veins. It appears that some of the new "visitors" must not be welcome in my system.

And now the announcement requiring the drum roll .....

Tomorrow, I will begin the alternative treatment that I have been discussing with researchers at the U of Washington. Another alternative treatment will be introduced on Thursday. The product being introduced tomorrow is an ancient herb used in China to treat malaria. Traditional medicine is running out of options for me. Given that there is no clear cut path for me to follow into conventional therapies, I have elected to pursue this treatment path. I have been in contact with other leukemia patients who are using these products with success (one has seen substantial shrinkage with his spleen and my monstrous spleen would welcome some shrinkage)!

Please agree in prayer with me that I will not have serious reactions to these products and that All Mighty God will touch and work through these products to induce relief and healing for me. Also, please agree for God to continue to provide the resources to purchase so many products that our insurance is not covering for me.

No comments: