Saturday, September 20, 2008

Living Through Others' Journeys

If my health permitted, I would travel all of the time. There are so many places I want to visit and experience. As a youngster, my parents jokingly referred to me as, "Let's Go" because I always wanted to be on the go. I have slowed to a creeping, crawling pace for the time being. Thus, for now, I enjoy hearing and seeing photos of others' travels.

One of our daughters and son-in-law have been in Nevada. They have experienced the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas. Our daughter went alone on the daring rides atop the Stratosphere. Below I have pasted from their website, descriptions of some of these rides this daring daughter rode over 1000 feet in the air. (She did not inheirit this daring spirit from her Mom.)
Read these descriptions of what our daughter subjected herself to:

Big Shot - Shoots passengers straight up 160 feet at 45 mph (over 4 Gs) until they are 1,081 feet above the Strip.
X-Scream - A giant teeter-totter that propels you 27 feet over the edge of the Tower, 866 feet above the ground.
Insanity, the Ride - A massive mechanical arm extends 64 feet over the edge of the Tower and spins you at a force of 3 Gs for a truly mind-bending experience.

Our son-in-law, the baseball guru and ultimate St. Louis Cardinal fan, was delighted to meet in person former Cincinnati Reds' players Johnny Bench and Pete Rose. He is returning home with an autographed baseball.


This photograph was taken from an airplane window of the Grand Canyon.



They stayed at Planet Hollywood. This is a photograph of their hotel.

Such is the life of the travel reporter, who from the comfort of home, through her Blog, she reports on the travels of others. Perhaps, one day, I will be on the road again.










No comments: