Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Prayer for Today: September 25, 2008

Jesus,

Today we praise You, Lord, for knowing us so intimately. We are ever-grateful that You alone know us, because You have searched us. It comforts us and we praise You for knowing “…when we sit and when we rise…..you discern our going out and our lying down; You are familiar with all our ways.” (Psalm 139) Our world is facing challenges and dangers everyday, but Your protection and peace comfort us.

We repent of our shortcomings, Father. In our humanness, we fail You and our fellow man. Forgive us, we ask. “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.” (Psalm 139) When the searchlight of Your Spirit shines brightly on our lives and hearts, we become acutely aware of those areas in which we are failing You. Prompt us to repentance and to strive toward living our lives that are pleasing to You. Whether it is unforgiveness, strife, doubt, fear, or pure unbelief, purge our lives of those traits that are displeasing to You.

We rejoice, Lord, that even though many of our bodies appear broken and beaten up right now, that we can be comforted to know that Your hands created these temples we reside in each day.

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.”(Psalm 139)

Thank You, Jesus, for Your ever-listening ear. We are most grateful that You are near to us, Lord.

In Your Name we pray, Amen.

No comments: