Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Prayer for Today: September 11, 2008

Precious Father,

Today I rejoice at the gift of life. The arrival of our grandson has imprinted on my heart and mind that You alone are the giver of life. I praise You for that gift. We might think we are the captains of our life ships, but You alone are deserving of that title. I praise You for the minutes, hours, days, and years of life that You have imparted to each one of us. Let us never take a moment for granted. Remind us daily of the treasure that each moment of life truly is for each of us.

John 10:10 informs us that: “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”

Lord, You know how we all mess up and fail You. For those times, actions, deeds and thought, we seek Your forgiveness. Thank Your for allowing Your Son to die on the cross so that we might be forgiven. Today, I specifically ask forgiveness for when we doubt You. Forgive us when we allow the enemy to come and steal, kill and destroy aspects of our lives – both physical and spiritual.

Life events, pain in our bodies, bad reports, and disease itself can pry our focus off of You and Your promises and cause us to doubt. This Scripture tells us that You have come to give us not only life, but ABUNDANT life. When we doubt You, we are not fully believing and trusting for this ABUNDANT life. Forgive us, Lord, when we don’t fully grasp and embrace these promises that You have given to us.

Jesus, we believe and know You are listening to our prayers and You are interceding for us to the Father. I always hesitate to mention specific needs and requests, as in my humanness, I forget some of what I should petition You for, so this is why I am most grateful, that you are forever interceding. We ask that issues of pain will be resolved for those of us who battle pain in our bodies everyday. I ask that infections will resolve completely and speedily for others.

Thank You, Lord, for being our life Partner. I cannot imagine my life without You. You are my Everything. You are my Hope and my Healer. You are my Strength and my Savior. You are my Life.

In Your Name we pray, Amen.

No comments: