Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Update & Request for Prayer: August 4, 2009

Amazingly, after being with Lil Man on Friday while he ran a fever, I have remained unscathed and infection-free. My Natural Killer Cell counts (a vital component of the immune system) has improved by 300-400%. My T-Cell count (also a vital defender of the immune system) remains much improved from the levels prior to treatment when they hovered at or below 200 (very dangerous level).

Tomorrow, I return for Week Eight of my treatment - for those of you who have been following this journey, you will realize that I have reached the final week of treatment. Thank you for your support and prayers during this summer - please continue praying. God is listening, as He always does to the prayers of His children. I will also receive treatment all day on Thursday.

I missed a call today from the National Cancer Institute in DC. The message was from one of the transplant coordinators and I believe she is the one who calls with the official donor search results. It will be a long night, pondering what my return call to her might disclose. I am debating if I want to call tomorrow while under the influence of many drugs and a while bit delusional. However, if I wait to complete treatment before calling the transplant coordinator, it will be a two day wait and that might be more than my curiosity can cope with regarding such an important, life-altering piece of information.

No comments: