Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'll Stick With God: An Update for August 26, 2009

Psalm 16:8-11 (New King James Version)

8 I have set the LORD always before me;
Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.
9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices;
My flesh also will rest in hope.
10 For You will not leave my soul in Sheol,
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.
11 You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Psalm 16:8-11 (The Message Version)

Day and night I'll stick with GOD;
I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go.
9-10 I'm happy from the inside out,
and from the outside in, I'm firmly formed.
You canceled my ticket to hell—
that's not my destination!
11 Now you've got my feet on the life path,
all radiant from the shining of your face.
Ever since you took my hand,
I'm on the right way.


I live my life to the best of my ability, walking with God and trusting Him. He’s my closest confidant and I’m not giving up on Him! He walks steadfastly with me. Given that knowledge means that I am not going to be moved to depression or despair when negative reports are given to me. My happiness and peace generate from internal sources – the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in my life and the consumption of His Word – joy and hope are not dictated by external sources such as cancer and its associated negative news and reports.

Since I breathed my first breath as a tiny babe in Christ, He has been showing me the way – the one and only true way – to the path of life eternal. I shall stroll this pathway until I breathe my last breat on earth as His child.

Despite challenging days and negative reports, I shall not be moved. Today, a day I would prefer to file away in the mind’s recesses, will not move me. With His help and constant abiding in my life, I know I am on the right pathway, even if all of the worldly signs along the way state differently.

The exterior circumstances of today ……. I continue to receive Rituxan as I type. My veins did not choose to cooperate this morning. I blew out four veins before the nurse finally located a ripe target. A few hours into the Rituxan infusion, I went to the restroom and the IV infiltrated into the tissue of my arm (meaning the vein burst open and the medication infiltrated into the surrounding tissue). We returned to the quest to locate a cooperating vein – we have located one now but it is not in a location where it can be left in for tomorrow.

Today, I am not going to report on the results of my lab tests. I did not receive good reports, so I simply request your continued prayers. I asked the Holy Spirit to guide me to a Scripture to comfort and uplift me as my mind and flesh fail me (Psalm 16). I know how to keep my spirit strong in the midst of bad reports – turn to His Word.

I will return in the morning for another full day of Rituxan.

No comments: