Friday, August 28, 2009

Update & Request for Prayer: August 28, 2009

I did not have a good night. The cough, ear pain, diarrhea, nausea, and temperature continued through the night. I awoke about 3 AM to a strange sensation on my skin - as soon as I saw it, I knew I had a fungal infection on my skin.

My trusted family physician left the hospital to meet me at her office first thing this morning. I have a bad sinus infection, ear infection, eye infection, and fungal skin infection. My doctor ordered labs including blood cultures, CMV Antigen and collected a sputum sample for culturing. She prescribed three more antibiotics to add to the Cipro I am taking - Biaxin oral, Tobramycin to inject into the sinus cavities and a Bactroban nasal spray. My doctor also prescribed a topical antifungal to add to the oral antifungal I am taking (Posaconazole). My lungs were wheezy but she did not detect any pneumonia sounds, so I will add an inhaler to open my airways.

I am anxious to learn my lab results. The only bright side of these infections is that infection will often cause declines in my platelets and hemoglobin. This would be a far better explanation for my poor lab results this week (versus worsening of the leukemia).

Please pray.

2 comments:

John Wagner said...

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time again, Stacie. Stepping up my prayers for you. You have been through many tough times already and the Lord will sustain you through this, too.

Anonymous said...

May the blood of Jesus flow over your weary body and comfort you. May the Holy Spirit flow thru you and strengthen your tired soul. May the healing touch of our Most Gracious Father be in you and heal all that is broken. I pray in the authority of the One who made me and you. Who has control of all things. Who loves us more than we know. In Jesus' name! Amen

Prayer offered by Tina