Thursday, August 20, 2009

Update & Request for Prayer: August 20, 2009

This week's treatment is completed. Today was the most difficult infusion that I have received this summer. I began feeling very cold. I even asked for a blanket - my nurses said in a decade they never recalled me asking for a blanket. My life-threatening reaction to Rituxan in 2002 began with very cold sensations, so we were quite concerned. The reaction never progressed but I was chilled the entire infusion and my blood pressure ran quite low (90/60).

I have had diarrhea and nausea since last night, so that has not been especially enjoyable. I have had a great deal of pain from the Neupogen, too. I appreciate all of your prayers - I believe they kept today's reaction from progressing to a more serious reaction.

Next week will be a challenge - IVIG treatment all day on Monday and my treatments all day Wednesday and Thursday. Toss in caring for Lil Man all day Tuesday and Friday and it looks like a well-booked calendar!

My WBC had increased a bit on yesterday's lab reports but my other counts were fairly stable. I am pondering how the WBC can increase while still taking treatment to lower it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the body works in mysterious ways. God is watching over you. From my perspective you are one of His most precious children. He will do what is best for you.
Deb