Monday, August 24, 2009

Update & Request for Prayer: August 24, 2009

As I type, I am receiving my all day IVIG treatment. All has gone well and I have had no side effects today. Tomorrow will be my day off (with Lil Man) and then back to Rituxan treatments on Wednesday and Thursday. Please pray that I will continue to ward off infections and will not react to the Rituxan this week.

Labs were drawn earlier today but I doubt that I have those results today. I am eager to see if the first week of this second cycle of treatment has made any headway against the leukemic beast.

I am especially tired today - I have not allowed myself enough time for rest and relaxation during this summer's treatment marathon. It is surreal that this is the tenth week of treatment that I have received this summer. I have determined I can either lay in bed and give my body the rest that it craves while not having any kind of life. Or I can get out and live life fully and be totally pooped out! Looks as though I'm choosing the pooped out philosophy!

No comments: