Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad!


Yesterday, we celebrated the 69th birthday of my Dad. We are grateful for each year we are able to share with him. He defeated cancer several years ago and has endured double hip replacement.

His life has been filled with providing for and caring for his family. His earlier years were encompassed with athletics. He excelled in basketball, golf, and baseball. The Cincinnati Reds pursued him after his high school graduation and he had the opportunity to play for the Reds. He excelled as a pitcher and spent many hours improving my softball pitching skills. After work, we would often venture outside to my pitching mound and he would advise me, as well as coaching our teams.

Dad often drives me to my treatments so that I won’t have to drive home under the influence of multiple drugs. He’s traveled to the NIH for consultations with me. He’s been one of my many sojourners who have traveled this cancer journey with me. Thanks, Dad and Happy Birthday!

No comments: