Sunday, September 13, 2009

Update & Request for Prayer: September 13, 2009

Thank you for all of your prayers, cards, and kind e-mails. I am resting on the sofa - orders from husband! After Friday's challenging day, I returned for my IV antifungal and the Neupogen injection on Saturday morning. Then we traveled to Lil Man's first birthday party. As poorly as I felt, I probably would not have gotten out of bed for any other reason! I was blessed that I could celebrate one year of life that I have shared with Lil Man.

I returned early this morning for my IV and injection and we returned home by 10 AM. My husband had a difficult time even waking me up this morning. All of this summer's treatments, the infections, medications, etc. have taken a toll on my body. Thus, my orders to rest all day today. Usually I will argue such orders, but today, my body embraces the rest.

I have now completed Day 10 of the IV's (the plan is for 21-28 days). And this was Day 3 of ten days of Neupogen. The new antifungal Amphotericin (or Ampho-TERRIBLE) is very painful to irrigate into the sinus cavities. It feels like fire moving through the various sinus cavities. I pray it will work and help to reverse this long cycle of fungal infections.

I did not have labs drawn over the weekend, so nothing new to report from that area.
Please continue to pray for resolution of the fungal infections; for my liver and kidneys to be protected from so many harmful drugs; and for the leukemia to continue to be addressed (Rituxan can continue to work for a month or so after the last treatment, which I received 11 days ago).

No comments: