Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Prayer for Today: September 10, 2009

Heavenly Father,

You are high above any source of comfort that we can seek. I praise You for the constant companionship of the Holy Spirit. I am grateful for Your unending love for each man, woman, and child. I sing Your praises through good times and bad times, because You remain forever unchanging, Lord.

My heart is burdened for those who do not know You as their Lord and Savior. Lost souls surround each one of us. Father, forgive us if we are not sharing Your message of salvation with them. Empower us and give us the courage and opportunities to share the love of Christ with those who do now know You. May our lives always reflect You and if there are areas in our lives that might be a stumbling block for someone coming to Christ, may the Holy Spirit reveal those flaws to us. May we be repentant and obedient to follow Your Words:

“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. (Matthew 28:19-20).

Father, we believe that we are asking according to Your will when we ask for Your healing touch to rest upon so many. I ask that the Holy Spirit be very near to each of us who is battling a health challenge. Nothing is impossible for You, so we will trust You with our petitions.

In Jesus’ Name I pray. Amen.

No comments: