Monday, September 21, 2009

I Believe

At times when God seems very far from us, it is always helpful to me to focus on His creations that surround me. As I caress the baby hand of my grandson, God's creation breathes before me. As I sit at the ocean's edge and feel the mist of the tide, ebbing and flowing before me, God's power and unending presence overwhelm me. As I open my eyes and witness a morning sunshine, strokes of oranges and pinks painting the eastern horizon, God's reliability and consistency come into focus. As the majesty of the mountains surround me, I am aware of God's power and might. As the uncountable numbers of plants, insects, animals, and birds live and breathe around me, I am awe struck at God's creativeness.

The song "Creation Calls" by Brian Doerksen contains mindful lyrics that portray the wonder and amazement of God's creations. If nothing else persuades you that there is a God who created this universe in which we live, may you be persuaded by the breath-taking video that follows these lyrics. I believe.

"Creation Calls"
Brian Doerksen

I have felt the wind blow,
Whispering your name
I have seen your tears fall,
When I watch the rain.

How could I say there is no God?
When all around creation calls!
A singing bird, a mighty tree,
The vast expanse of open sea

Gazing at a bird in flight,
Soaring through the air.
Lying down beneath the stars,
I feel your presence there.
I love to stand at ocean shore
And feel the thundering breakers roar,
To walk through golden fields of grain
With endless bloom horizons fray.
Listening to a river run,
Watering the Earth.
Fragrance of a rose in bloom,
A newborns cry at birth.

I love to stand at ocean shore
And feel the thundering breakers roar,
To walk through golden fields of grain
With endless bloom horizons fray

I believe
I believe
I believe
(Interlude)
I believe
I believe
I believe just like a child
(Choir I believe..)
I believe


To view a beautiful video of God's creations put to the song "Creation Calls" go to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLQzdlpUinc&annotation_id=annotation_497931&feature=iv

1 comment:

justme said...

What an awesome video! Thanks for that, Stacie.