Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Major Award

If you have watched the movie A Christmas Story, you most likely recall the father being notified that he has won a "Major Award". He anxiously awaits its delivery. A large crate is brought to his home and as his wife and two sons eagerly look to see what his "Major Award" is - the father uncrates a lamp made from a stockinged leg from a lady's mannequin.

Many people have helped me through this long summer of leukemia treatment. However, three people have helped me almost everyday. Their commitment to me, my health needs, and just making me comfortable has been unending. I have been driven to and from the cancer center (I guess no one trusts my driving the "magic carpet" while under the influence of so many drugs!The magic carpet is what I refer to my car as when I drive it while ill and do not remember the drive home.) I imagine that is why I am chauffeured each day. They have helped me with Lil Man, prepared meals for me, delivered lunch to me at the cancer center, delivered treats to my nurses, and so much more. I could never repay all of the help that Kevin, Mom and Dad have given to me this summer.

At this time, I graciously present each of them with a "Major Award" - I know it will make them proud. (Remember I am presenting these awards while heavily medicated and after a night with two hours' sleep.)



Photo from: http://www.redriderleglamps.com/?gclid=CImMvtHB05wCFeFM5QodLD57JQ

1 comment:

justme said...

Such lovely awards. They're bringing tears to my eyes. You're so very thoughtful, Stacie. Ha! You need to get some sleep!