Friday, October 17, 2008

Rejoicing!

I had to write to you to update you on yet another good report. For those who are regular Blog readers, you probably recall that I elected to begin an alternative protocol that a University of Washington researcher has been experimenting with on cancer patients. My conventional treatment options have almost run out, given how suppressed my immune system is and how many drug reactions I have had in the past.

After 2 weeks on the protocol, my WBC dropped from 93,000 to 54,000. My HGB increased by a point (CBC was performed on 10-9-08). A normal WBC would be 5000-10,000.

After 3 weeks (yesterday) on the protocol, my WBC dropped from 54,000 to 37,000; platelets went over 100,000 (still below normal but improved) and my hemoglobin remained stable but low. Most exciting, my "normal" lymph percentage is always 99 or 100 and it had dropped to 93% (normal range would be around 40%).

That is an ANC (absolute lymphocyte count) decline from 92,070 to 34, 410. And the lymphocytes are the cell line that is cancerous.

We are quite excited, especially to see something improve my WBC, hemoglobin, and platelets without any immune suppression.

If you haven't read my post I BELIEVE IN ANGELS, it tells what happened to me on the day I began one of the two drugs from this protocol. Please continue to pray that God will somehow, someway, use unknown products, from as far away as China, to bring the leukemia into remission. I have never been able to achieve a remission of this leukemia in the 12 years I have fought it.

Thank You, Lord. I give You all the praise and glory and honor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so pleased that the counts are moving in the right direction! What a praise!