Wednesday, October 1, 2008

CVID

Dr. Byrd (oncologist from OSU) e-mailed me and said that he believes I have Common Variable Immune Deficiency in addition to leukemia. This would probably explain why my immune function has been so poor and I've had such serious infections. While we knew that the chemotherapy Fludarabine was quite toxic to my T-Cells, we never anticipated that years since the last dose, the T-Cells still would not have recovered.

We are now searching for information on this new diagnosis. It will be even more important to prevent, treat, and diagnose future infections. I have been reading a new book entitled HERBAL ANTIBIOTICS. It reviews many plants and herbs that are able to treat even drug-resistant bacterial infections. Interestingly, the new alternative treatment that I began last week contains one of these plants (wormwood) that was listed as one of the top antibacterial herbs on earth. I am hopeful that this will help my compromised immune function to fight off the enemies.

No comments: