Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mission Accomplished

After another day's work with my sewing mentor (aka Aunt Erma), my wall hanging is complete (99%) and ready for display at the ISU workshop. I decided today that after that exhibit, I am going to donate this to my oncologists' office for display.

The round medallions on the bottom were handmade and baked by me! After baking the clay, I painted each one. The triangles along the sides of the hanging are made from a product known as fabric paper. The woman who inspired me to creativity, Pat from Maine, taught me how to make fabric paper.




For those who have not read the poem that I wrote for this project, I am including it in this post.

What Cancer Has Done in My Life

Broken my body

Harmed my heart

Restricted my routines.

Stirred my soul

Focused my future

Altered my ambitions.

Violated my vigor

Annihilated my ambitions

Robbed me of resources.

Created courage

Taught me to travail

Developed determination.

Provoked pain

Frustrated my family

Devastated my dreams.

Inspired what’s important

Trained me to thrive

Empowered me to encourage.

Muddled my mind

Sacrificed my stamina

Jeopardized my joy.

Prompted me to pray

Taught me to trust

Showed me to seek.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Truly beautiful. No other words are necessary.

Anonymous said...

Your artwork is truly beautiful, Stacie! I love it! I'm sure others will find it inspiring s well. Good job!