Friday, October 10, 2008

A Prayer for Today: October 10, 2008

My Lord,

I rejoice at the mention of Your Name. Where would I be without You? I cannot imagine life without You as a very intimate part. I arise and think of You and when I close my eyes, You are on my mind. Thank you for promising us that You will never, ever leave us or forsake us. That promise brings great comfort in a world where everything is changing and in motion.

My heart grieves when I fail You, Father. I come to Your throne, with a repentant heart, and ask that You will cleanse me and make me white as snow. Grow the desire in my heart for Your Word. It is through reading and obeying Your Word that we are the recipients of abundant life.

Our country is in great turmoil. The upcoming elections are vital to our country. Father, we ask that You intervene on our behalf. Bring Godly leadership to all branches of our government. Allow men and women of God to be elected so that they will listen for Your guidance in making critical decisions for our nation. Please remove the blinders off of our eyes, Lord. Let us not be swayed by the media and press – help us to consult with Your Word and elect men and women who stand for Your principals and precepts. Grant divine protection and guidance for each man and woman in uniform who are fighting to defend our freedoms and to protect us from terrorists.

Many lives are in need of healing. Move on our behalf, Lord. Proverbs 4:20 tells us: “Give attention to my WORDS; incline your ear to My sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes for they are LIFE to those who find them and HEALTH to all their flesh.” Maintain our focus on You and these promises. My heart breaks because so many do not know the depth of Your love and the hope of salvation. I pray, that these written words will reflect You and Your light to a dark, dying world. Bring salvation to the lost. Restore hope to the hopeless among us. Let those who have never heard of Jesus’ love for them and His offer of eternal life, learn about You.

Thank You, Father, for your faithfulness to your not-so-faithful children. Thank You for the patience you have with each of us. Thank You for Your unconditional love.

In Jesus’ Name I pray. Amen.

No comments: