Friday, February 27, 2009

Urgent Prayer Request: February 27, 2009

Please pray without ceasing for me. Most of you are up-to-date about the ongoing infections and lab concerns we have had. There is a possibility that the bacteria in the sinuses is Pseudomonas. It is a very dangerous organism to battle. Last month, some of you might have seen on the news, the beauty pageant contestant who died from Pseudomonas and she was a healthy person.

We are going to begin putting the antibiotic Tobramycin directly into the sinus cavities using syringes or other washing techniques. Please pray I do not have a drug reaction to this method. I cannot be desensitized to IV Tobramycin over the weekend since my oncologists' infusion center does not do desensitizations over the weekend. I required IV and Tobra washings the last time I battled Pseudomonas (also in my sinuses). We are trying to keep me out of the hospital due to the risk of being exposed to the flu and other viruses right now. Most likely, it will be morning before we can arrange this.

Once the lab reports return early in the week (we hope), we will determine what/if medicines need to be chanaged to other drugs or to IV medications.

No comments: