Monday, February 9, 2009

5 Months Old

I can hardly believe it, but today is our Lil Man's five month birthday! Sometimes it seems that he should be a tiny baby swaddled in a blanket and only born yesterday. Yet, other days, it is difficult to recall my life without him. Knowing that he needs me to watch him each day, keeps pushing me and my body forward. Every cell in my body and every thought in my mind want to quit. Then his gummy grin and chubby cheeks appear on the window of my mind and I put one foot in front of the other, to make it through yet another day.

(Disclaimer: Now I will sound like a gushing grandma.) He is bright beyond his months. His eye-hand coordination is striking and his vocabulary is extensive (goo, ga, and multiple variations of squeals). He recognizes my face and smiles when I speak to him. When someone else holds him, his automatic Grammy-tracking device follows me around the room. He has been sitting up for nearly a month and he rolls over (although he really likes life on this back). He went sledding in his little red sled after our big January snow. Lil Man is a fan of Sesame Street each morning. My estimate is that he should know his numbers and ABC's by the age of one.

Happy Birthday, Lil Man. You steal my heart everyday. Love, Grammy

No comments: