Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Request for Prayer & Update: February 25, 2009

To update .......

The lab in California has still not been able to produce the sensitivities for the mold culture. Even after my doctor called them, they would not tell her what lab has my sample.

There are gram negative rods growing out on the sinus culture obtained on Monday. I hope and pray it is not Pseudomonas. The last time I had gram negative rods, it was that dangerous organism. My doctor says that she hopes in the morning the lab will have it identified. The lab tech mentioned the possibility of neisseria. I hope and pray it will not be a life-threatening bacteria such as this or Pseudomonas.

The sinus CT showed thinning in the lateral (side) sinus wall, also. We are not certain if the thinning is from infections or medications.

The abdominal CT showed massive splenomegaly (my spleen is many times the size of a normal person's spleen) and some periaortic enlarged lymph nodes.

I am to have labs drawn tomorrow to determine my neutrophil level, used to schedule another Neupogen treatment for Friday or Saturday. If the culture identification is known in the morning, I may have to be desensitized to another drug tomorrow, as well.

Those are the reports of mortal man. They are concerning. I lift my eyes Up to where my Hope comes from and petition my Savior for yet another rescue from serious infections and life-threatening complications. Hear my prayers speedily, Lord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know that I love you and I think and pray for you almost daily. I want to see you healed so badly I can taste it. May God grant us all the desires of our heart, to be healed so we can heal others.

I so wish we could be ministering to the poor together again one day. It is my hope and dream for our lives.

Thanks for keeping me posted on your health.

Love and blessing always, Cathy