Monday, February 23, 2009

Trusting in Him

Trusting God through difficult days and trials is imperative to our walks as Christians. If we allow earthly, physical, monetary concerns to trip us and trap us, we are not trusting and believing fully in the promises of our Lord. Satan would like nothing any better than for us to curse God during times of tribulation.

For many years of my life, I have opted to trust God. By trusting Him, my heart is able to remain untroubled and not bound by doubt and fear. When natural fears tempt to trigger concern in my heart and mind, I trust in Him. When circumstances appear to be overwhelming and about to swallow my life in one big gulp, I turn to Him, over and over again.

I pray that when I first meet my Savior, face to face, that I will be certain I have passed the test and He will be pleased with the life I have lived by His mercy and grace. I pray that He will cup my face in His hands and say, "Child, you always trusted me."

Time and time again, I seek refuge with the Lord and trust that He will care for me when man can do no more to assist me. Man and medicine and madness cannot overwhelm me or rob me of my life, health or sanity when I am fully trusting God. While man and medicine might rescue me at times, they cannot save my life. The One and Only, the Great I Am is the "Soul" Provider of eternal life and physical life.

One of my favorite Scriptures is: "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You." (Isaiah 26:3)

Another version of the Bible says He will keep us in perfect peace when our "minds are stayed on Him". As with so many passages of Scriptures, the God-breathed, inspired Words of the Bible provide us with specific guidelines for almost every life event, concern, problem or decision. He only asks that we open the pages of our Bibles, read and inhale its fragrance of life, and then obey. When we trust Him, He promises us His perfect peace.

As someone who is trudging through deep valleys, I can assure you, His perfect peace is the only companion that can offer me peace of mind, comfort of heart, and healing of body.

No comments: