Friday, February 27, 2009

Update: The Travels of Moldy S. Brumptii

Not much news today. Symptoms are about the same.

My doctor e-mailed this morning. She has tracked the mold specimen down -- it is at the U of Texas. I can just picture this little mold sample buckled in on a 747, earning frequent flyer miles (I know, I am on steroids and a bit goofy). "Moldy S. Brumptii" has traveled from our local hospital to Indianapolis to California and onto Texas.

The director of Infectious Disease at ARUP called my doctor to personally apologize for their errors and is working herself to obtain Moldy's sensitivities. My doctor told them they owed me a written apology.

With regard to the bacterial culture -- still no ID or sensitivities. It is a gram negative rod and is oxidase positive. We wait, asking God to use the 4 drugs I am taking to eradicate these invaders. Hopefully, answers will be forthcoming then we can determine if medication changes or additions need to transpire.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes me laugh. The first thing that has come to mind is a "critter" similar to the Weight Watcher character "HUNGRY". Only Moldy S Brumptii is a greenish brown with big puffs of mold balls all over him. He has a cross look and his eyes are squinty. I am sure that when he had to strap his belt on on the plane, he had to ring his buzzer to ask for a seat belt extender.

Anonymous said...

Hope your feeling better!!!

Anonymous said...

Staci,

Sometimes the old adage “no news is good news” is good news! It allows us to have hope. You are in my thoughts and prayers every day. I wish I had your courage and sense of humor.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Dear Stacie,

I keep praying, and keep remembering that God has a purpose for all things. Am I selfish to just want Him to heal you. Not just from the current problem, but from the whole shebang. I love you Stacie, and am in constant awe at your faith and God’s faithfulness.

Love,

Diane