Thursday, February 26, 2009

Clinging to Words from Psalm 119

2 Blessed are those who keep His testimonies,
Who seek Him with the whole heart!

8 I will keep Your statutes;
Oh, do not forsake me utterly!

10 With my whole heart I have sought You;
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!

11 Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.

15 I will meditate on Your precepts,
And contemplate Your ways.

16 I will delight myself in Your statutes;
I will not forget Your word.

17 Deal bountifully with Your servant,
That I may live and keep Your word.

24 Your testimonies also are my delight
And my counselors.

25 My soul clings to the dust;
Revive me according to Your word.

28 My soul melts from heaviness;
Strengthen me according to Your word.

49 Remember the word to Your servant,
Upon which You have caused me to hope.

50 This is my comfort in my affliction,
For Your word has given me life.

55 I remember Your name in the night, O LORD,

71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted,
That I may learn Your statutes.

73 Your hands have made me and fashioned me;
Give me understanding, that I may learn Your commandments.
Because I have hoped in Your word.

76 Let, I pray, Your merciful kindness be for my comfort,
According to Your word to Your servant.
77 Let Your tender mercies come to me, that I may live;

82 My eyes fail from searching Your word,
Saying, “When will You comfort me?”

84 How many are the days of Your servant?

88 Revive me according to Your lovingkindness,
So that I may keep the testimony of Your mouth.

92 Unless Your law had been my delight,
I would then have perished in my affliction.

93 I will never forget Your precepts,
For by them You have given me life.

94 I am Yours, save me;
For I have sought Your precepts.

97 Oh, how I love Your law!
It is my meditation all the day.

105 Your word is a lamp to my feet
And a light to my path.

107 I am afflicted very much;
Revive me, O LORD, according to Your word.

114 You are my hiding place and my shield;
I hope in Your word.

116 Uphold me according to Your word, that I may live;
And do not let me be ashamed of my hope.

117 Hold me up, and I shall be safe,
And I shall observe Your statutes continually.

126 It is time for You to act, O LORD,

133 Direct my steps by Your word,
And let no iniquity have dominion over me.

135 Make Your face shine upon Your servant,

143 Trouble and anguish have overtaken me,
Yet Your commandments are my delights.

144 The righteousness of Your testimonies is everlasting;
Give me understanding, and I shall live.

145 I cry out with my whole heart;
Hear me, O LORD!
I will keep Your statutes.

146 I cry out to You;
Save me, and I will keep Your testimonies.

147 I rise before the dawning of the morning,
And cry for help;
I hope in Your word.

148 My eyes are awake through the night watches,
That I may meditate on Your word.

149 Hear my voice according to Your lovingkindness;
O LORD, revive me according to Your justice.

153 Consider my affliction and deliver me,
For I do not forget Your law.

154 Plead my cause and redeem me;
Revive me according to Your word.

155 Salvation is far from the wicked,
For they do not seek Your statutes.

156 Great are Your tender mercies, O LORD;
Revive me according to Your judgments.

157 Many are my persecutors and my enemies,
Yet I do not turn from Your testimonies.

158 I see the treacherous, and am disgusted,
Because they do not keep Your word.

159 Consider how I love Your precepts;
Revive me, O LORD, according to Your lovingkindness.

160 The entirety of Your word is truth,
And every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever.

165 Great peace have those who love Your law,
And nothing causes them to stumble.

169 Let my cry come before You, O LORD;
Give me understanding according to Your word.

170 Let my supplication come before You;
Deliver me according to Your word.

171 My lips shall utter praise,
For You teach me Your statutes.

172 My tongue shall speak of Your word,
For all Your commandments are righteousness.

173 Let Your hand become my help,
For I have chosen Your precepts.

175 Let my soul live, and it shall praise You;
And let Your judgments help me.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow that is a long one to read!

I don't even know what to say. Just cling to it i suppose!!!

How are you doing my old friend????

I miss you and your words of wisdom!!