Thursday, February 26, 2009

Prayer Request: February 26, 2009

Thank you for your unending prayers. I do need them.

The lab had promised identification of gram negative rods by this morning (from Monday's sinus culture). At 11 AM they still wouldn't offer an ID opinion. They are saying it is not pseudomonas - but I doubt everything they tell us, given their error record.

So my family doctor decided to add Cirpo - I went back to the oncologis's infusion center and was desensitized to Cipro (I remain on Itraconazole and Augmentin). I just returned back home.

My doctor called again for the mold sensitivities - still no report. I believe that the sample has been lost and no one is confessing. Neupogen was a gift from God (through insurance approval last Friday) because my ANC was up to 3100 today. There is no better time than with a gram negative infection to have an neutrophil count that high for me.

I know now that the lab will send out the sample (gram-) and it will not arrive at another lab until Saturday, so I am doubtful sensitivities will arrive before early week. We are debating if we should add a Tobramycin spray directly to the sinuses. I would have to go early in the AM and be desensitized to Tobra to go that route. The office closes at noon, so it would be a stretch to arrrange that. I should hear from my doctor tonight regarding the Tobramycin decision.

As soon as the Lord pulls me through this mess, I must find a way to get my cultures to a qualified lab. I have fought too hard with the help of too many people, to allow a lab error to kill me.

My stomach is a wreck from all of these drugs. The pharmacist checked interactions on this crazy combo and he replied, "Stacie, why in the world are you on all these medicines at one time?" Such is life in a body with a poor immune system.

I am clinging to Psalm 119.

No comments: