Friday, October 1, 2010

Finally - Improvements!

Are you ready for a good report for a change? :-)

Overnight, I realized for the first time in weeks and months that I was not coughing and wheezing so violently. I got up and checked my temperature and it was in my normal 97 range - FINALLY! And my oxygen level was back to 98%! When I woke up this morning, I was praying that all of this had not been a dream.

My friend Shelly picked me up and took me to the cancer center for my two IV's today. When I walked in and the nurses saw me, they said, "STACIE'S BETTER!" I think I have had them all scared.

I am back home and worn out from the IV's and having my usual stomach upset in the evenings from the medications but I am so grateful to see these tiny breakthroughs. Keep praying - God might not be ready to take me Home yet!

I return to the hospital on Saturday and Sunday for the IV's Tomorrow they will recheck labs to see how my kidney function is holding. One of these two IV's is the one that can damage hearing and kidneys. So I will appreciate targeted prayers for God to protect my hearing and kidneys.

Another friend, Laurie, came by today with a box of tea tree oil teabags for me - she said it works well as an antibacterial and antifungal. I'll give anything a try! I am going to pick up the oil of oregano tomorrow. Another friend emailed me (she owns a GNC store in Tennessee) and told me that her customers have had excellent results with fungal infections and oil of oregano. I might hold on the colloidal silver because it can interfere with thyroid medicine (which I take) and the class of antibiotics that include Cipro (and I live on Cipro).

That's all folks!

Photo: My friend Shelly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! A wonderful relief! Praise God.

Tina

Shari said...

Hallelujah! Thank you, Father! Stacie, I am so excited, thrilled and THANKFUL to read this post! Praying for you, my friend!

Cip said...

Great news!! Praising God!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jesus! You needed some relief.

I've been lurking and praying. I recently found your blog but I realized that I also knew you from the CLL list and we communicated them...quite a few years ago. Our common Christian faith is what attracted me then.

I am praying for your kidneys and hearing along with all the rest too. Those are two areas I am ezperiencing damage from chemo.

To God be the glory!
Kathy b

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jesus! You needed some relief.

I've been lurking and praying. I recently found your blog but I realized that I also knew you from the CLL list and we communicated them...quite a few years ago. Our common Christian faith is what attracted me then.

I am praying for your kidneys and hearing along with all the rest too. Those are two areas I am ezperiencing damage from chemo.

To God be the glory!
Kathy b