Wednesday, October 27, 2010

An Update & Request for Prayer: October 27, 2010

Tomorrow is my appointment with the radiation oncologist. He is going to love my three typed pages of questions! I am praying for clarity and discernment.

I have been running fevers since Monday - the doctor believes it is from the Prevnar vaccine on Monday - babies run fevers with these same vaccines. So "Baby Stacie" who drinks her baby milk, now is running fevers with her baby vaccines. :-)

I have been having dizzy spells for a couple of months. Today the doctor diagnosed it as positional vertigo - it is caused by crystals lodging in a portion of the ear - she had several maneuvers that she taught me to try to at home for relief. I hope that will work and dislodge the crystals. I have had three near falls in the past week from these spells.

This is Day 3 of 5 of Neupogen injections - Neupogen always gives me bone pain but this round has been horrible. I wore multiple pain patches last night and still no relief. I was grateful today was acupuncture.

I will tell you a funny story about my acupuncture. To set the scenario for you - the table is raised up in the air approximately 5'.  I have 50 or 60 needles in me and the door is shut. Normally, the doctor gives me a

buzzer with a bell that I ring when my times goes off and then the nurse returns to remove the needles. My timer went off today and I realized - NO BUZZER. I started laughing to myself because I thought they are going to close the office and forget I am in here.  I thought about shouting, "HELP" but I knew that would panic my doctor and nurse and they would think I was dying and come running. Then I began screaming, "CHRIS" - my nurse's name. About every 5 minutes, I would yell "CHRIS". I debated if I could pole vault off the table with all those needles but knew with my back/hip pain so bad today I would probably kill myself. I continued to shout for the nurse. Finally she peaked in and said, "I'd swear someone was calling my name but I think it was the office music that was playing." HAHAHAHA. I told her my story and that I had been yelling for her for 30 minutes. We all had a good laugh.

3 comments:

Cip said...

Stacie, I suffer from vertigo and have used the Epley maneuver the last 2 times I've had it (last time was this a.m.!) and it works wonders for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QikUTAmeE0M&feature=related

Anonymous said...

You sound upbeat and that is really great! I have always appreciated how you can find those funny moments in your day. I can relate. I too had a "forgotten" experience at the Dr's office when pregnant with Christopher, although I wasn't 5' in the air and covered with needles!

I hope you have a successful day! God be with you!

Love, Tina

Anonymous said...

I just keep thinking with all the fighting Stacie has done and God hasn't taken her home, there has to be a reason. Wow, would she let others know and be a testimony to God and to natural healing methods.

Toni