Sunday, October 3, 2010

An Update & Request for Prayer: October 3, 2010

Well, as the lives of cancer patients often go, yesterday the Leukemia Roller Coaster came racing back down the hill again. I spent all day at the hospital as an unbelievable comedy of errors played out in front of me. Central to the errors was another medication error ...... if you learn nothing else from my battles, learn that you better be on your toes when you are receiving medical care.

They delivered oxygen to me late yesterday after we returned home. My 02 levels are down again and my fevers are back up. I am baffled. The oxygen was a welcome relief overnight although always a bit heart-breaking to see it delivered to our house at age 46. I did sleep much better with oxygen.

I returned today to the Ward of Errors for my IV's and everything went quite smoothly. Thank you for praying for a better day of medical care for me. The cough, bloody sinus drainage, temperatures, and fatigue continue.

This evening I received an e-mail from my beloved NIH (National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland) retired oncologist. He has contacted the Chief of Infectious Disease at the NIH and this gracious doctor is willing to consult with my local doctors regarding these complicated, unending infections. Please pray for him to be blessed with a divine understanding of my care and that he will recommend something that might benefit me. Thank you, Dr. M. for arranging this consultation!

Tomorrow, I return to the cancer center for the 24th straight day of IV's (not counting inpatient IV's). It is time to experience a break-through. Keep praying!

No comments: