Saturday, October 23, 2010

Heart Walk 2010: In Honor of Our Oldest Daughter


Today, some of our family walked in the American Heart Association's Heart Walk, in support of our oldest daughter who was born with a congenital heart defect. Stephanie's shirt proudly declared: CONGENITAL HEART DEFECT SURVIVOR. And other family members had matching T-shirts with these messages: "I walk for my wife's heart." "I walk for my daughter's heart."

It was a beautiful autumn day that was enjoyed by all. No one thought I would be able to make the entire walk as sick as I have been. However, if you know me well, you know my determination and will power, so off I went from the starting line and although the finish line looked impossible at times, I made it!

I was humbled and a bit saddened today when a young mother released a balloon bouquet in memory of her baby daughter who died in July from a congenital heart defect. As the balloons soared Heavenward, I was reminded of how very blessed we have been to watch our daughter grow up with her own cardiac challenges. God has been so good and merciful to me.

Thank you to everyone who donated in our daughter's honor!

No comments: